Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Start with a bang (or a roar)!

                                               Shirt- Karen Kane
                                               Pants- Walmart
                                     Lipstick- Autumn by Estee Lauder

I adore fashion- always have, always will! My fondest childhood memories include the pink princess dress my mom couldn't get me to stop wearing, and even though I can no longer wear it, I still play dress up every morning. In developing my own personal style, I have found a lot of inspiration in fashion magazines and also many of the fabulous fashion blogs that have started to take the fashion world by storm. However, although these have been wonderful, I am often disappointed at the lack of material directed towards the plus-sized woman or curvier girl. As well, Edmonton is the home of a growing fashion scene which certainly deserves promotion. One day I thought about all of the lovely ladies (and men!) behind the blogs I read, and realized that instead of wishing for the blog I had been looking for, I should just start my own! And after great encouragement from family and friends, voila- Curvaceous Chic was born! I have lofty goals for this blog, and I hope to have all the technical details worked out by the end of Christmas holidays so that I can think less about formatting and more about posting.
This is one of my favorite shirts, fits me like a loose tunic, and flows perfectly over my curves. It's my go-to shirt on the days when I feel less than perfect, or like a few additional hours of sleep might have been good. It takes me from feeling sub-par to queen of the jungle- ROAR!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At December 22, 2010 at 10:56 PM , Anonymous jamie said...

Fantastic!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Curvaceous Chic: Start with a bang (or a roar)!

This page has moved to a new address.

Start with a bang (or a roar)!