Thursday, February 2, 2012

I'm still awkward and awesome

Back in the summer I was doing regular Awkward and Awesome Thursdays, as inspired by The Daybook. Although I haven't done one in ages, I think there's no time like the present to bring back a fun feature.
This is a random picture of my dog, Charlotte. I didn't have 
any pictures that really related to anything, so cute puppy picture!

Awkward:
- I made my mom dinner, and made roasted carrots as one of the sides. I made a quarter of the recipe, but accidentally used salt for a half. After enthusiastically telling my mom about these FABULOUS carrots, I was mortified to realize that the salt was more than a little overpowering.
- Crazy mood swings. One minute I'm happy, the next I'm standing in front of the kitchen sink crying (in no way related to the carrots).
- Finding out the hard way that the Salter Reading Room (sort of like a miniature reserve library for the English Department) is closed on Thursdays. And then trying, with no luck to find some obscure chapters from academic books online. And, of course, a fellow classmate had already signed out the copies of the books from the library.
- Asking a friend/classmate if he would like to go for a coffee. I think he's avoiding me now. It was only a COFFEE, not a marriage proposal!

Awesome:
- Coffee time with one of my best friends. Girl talk!
- Getting to watch a movie in my Geology of the Solar System class. It was even an entertaining one too!
- This bizarre weather means I'm still wearing flats with no socks, and I don't really need mittens!
- The Edmonton Mediacamp conference is on Saturday, and I am very, very excited!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Curvaceous Chic: I'm still awkward and awesome

This page has moved to a new address.

I'm still awkward and awesome