Monday, May 30, 2011

"...orange is my least favourite colour..." Or, why my best friend thinks I'm crazy.

My best friend hates the colour orange, and therefore, he hates my new (and in my opinion, rather fabulous) bright coral lipstick (MAC's So Chaud). Pffft, maybe it's a girl thing? But either way, if I could only have two types of makeup for the rest of my life, I would happily pick foundation (I love MAC's Studio Fix powder) and lipstick. My passion for lipstick runs long and deep, I love that it's relatively easy to apply, and I can wear a lovely bold lip colour and a swipe of mascara, and no one's the wiser that I did my makeup in about 3 minutes flat.
Image via The Sartorialist

Image via You Are My Favorite


Image via TAAZ




Image via Fashion Anyway


                


My co-workers have become accustomed to my love affair with lipstick, and they have commented several times that I have enviable Clara Bow-esque lips. Although I had to google this reference, I can sorta see it. It's that much cooler knowing that she was a gorgeous and talented film star of the 1920's, one of my favourite eras!
Image via

5 Comments:

At May 30, 2011 at 9:30 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

I'm not the world's biggest fan of orange, but I have seen some girls rocking it in the form of lipstick, so I think you can, too. (:

 
At May 30, 2011 at 9:45 PM , Blogger Danielle said...

Thanks Sarah! I definitely feel fun and sassy when I wear it! Hopefully I'll post some pictures of it soon!

 
At May 31, 2011 at 1:06 AM , Anonymous Nicole said...

I actually love Orange, I don't wear bright lipstick that often but one of my favourite dresses is bright orange (Just love how it looks on my dark skin!)

 
At August 14, 2011 at 8:03 PM , Anonymous Sarah said...

I'm not the world's biggest fan of orange, but I have seen some girls rocking it in the form of lipstick, so I think you can, too. (:

 
At August 14, 2011 at 8:03 PM , Anonymous Danielle said...

Thanks Sarah! I definitely feel fun and sassy when I wear it! Hopefully I'll post some pictures of it soon!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Curvaceous Chic: "...orange is my least favourite colour..." Or, why my best friend thinks I'm crazy.

This page has moved to a new address.

"...orange is my least favourite colour..." Or, why my best friend thinks I'm crazy.