Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Changes

For a while now I have been having a hard time finding inspiration for blogging, as well as deciding where I want to make my niche in the blogging world. When I first started this blog, I felt I fit in with the plus size blogging community, but have since slowly realized that although I am on the cusp of regular and plus size,  and I will always be curvy, I am not really a plus size gal. Beyond the ever-present size issue, I also expected this blog would be primarily a personal style blog, but I am realizing that I don't always have time or help to take pictures of my outfits (and honestly, if I find an outfit combination I really like, I will return to it), so not having daily outfit pictures often lead me to just avoiding posting.

A digression:
This morning, while vacuuming I finally reached the point where I realized how I was frustrated was with the way my blog was going, and I mentioned it to one of my friends. She wisely pointed out that it's my blog, and that I could always just post about fashion or whatever else I wanted. Which made me consider why I don't post more about things that interest me about fashion, or makeup. Or for that matter, school, books, music, and even my efforts to find balance in my life. The conversation also moved onto being an "inbetweener" and she explained that she has difficulty finding clothing due to her height. I never would guessed that one of the most beautiful girls I have ever met has a hard time finding clothes! It made me realize that focusing on size and shape was really not what I want to do, but rather that I want to focus on fashion for the sake of FASHION.

So over the next while, I plan to introduce new things to my blogging life, adding more things that I find inspiring and that interest me, in order to create a blog that more accurately reflects who I am. As well, I plan to continue on regaining a sense of my personal style; so it may be a bumpy ride, but at least it'll be fun!

Pages from the scrapbooks I keep of fashion inspiration.

A screen shot of a Pinterest board of mine. You can see my pinterest page here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Curvaceous Chic: Changes

This page has moved to a new address.

Changes