Friday, July 8, 2011

Make-up madness

I never really paid attention to how much make-up I owned and used until going through it to create this post. The lovely Ashley of i believe in unicorns. did a post on make-up bag essentials, and I decided to follow suit and respond with a post on my make-up essentials.

The Box. Or one of. I'd love to claim that I was able to fit all of my make-up in this train case, but that would be a lie. In addition to what I have scattered in purses and around my bathroom, I also have a box full of just nailpolish...

My face essentials- 
-Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel: I love this product in the day, because it's the perfect moisturizer, especially under my foundation. I have incredibly oily, acne-prone sensitive skin, so this oil free moisturizer is a delight!
-Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum: Definitely my splurge item, but it's indispensable, I find it helps minimize scarring and it helps with the healing and management of bad acne breakouts.
-MAC Studio Fix Foundation: I love this foundation! I used to swear by liquid foundation, but now I use only this! I love that it's much lighter, but still has full coverage. It's also wayyy easier to travel with! And it doesn't slide off your face by the end of the day.

I am a lipstick addict. These are my current go-to favourite colours.
Left to right: 
-Clinique Vintage Wine: This is a divine classic red, I love it for days I want to do a more classic or vintage-inspired look.
-MAC Girl About Town: A super fun fuchsia. Great pop!
MAC Rebel: beautiful violet-ish colour, I love it with blacks and greys!
Elizabeth Arden- Perfect Amethyst: It's my perfect barely-there pick colour- looks like I'm not wearing lipstick!
MAC Taupe: A lovely lovely neutral nude-brown colour, and it goes with EVERYTHING!

Eyes- Not something I typically focus on, I'm more of a bold lipstick, no eyeshadow kind of gal, but when I do, I have a few musts.
-Urban Decay Primer Potion: The. Best. Thing. Ever. I used to always end up with my eyeshadow all in my crease after two or three hours, but now that I use this, my eyeshadow lasts all day.
Elizabeth Arden All Gone Eye and Lip Make-up Remover: Probably the best make-up remover I've ever tried. It has an oily texture, but I don't find it makes me break out. I end up using this a lot when I'm applying eyeshadow and I screw it up...
Eyeliner brush- I don't use eyeliner pencils, I typically always do a wet eyeshadow, I find I can get a thinner line, which looks better on me.

Perfume:
-Dior Hypnotic Poison: From my mom! This is what I've been wearing lately, and I quite like it! I also wear The One by Dolce and Gabbana, but I currently don't have a bottle.




2 Comments:

At July 8, 2011 at 11:55 PM , Blogger Ashley Bagley Nielson said...

ooo now i want to go smell that perfume :)
glad you played along, i've enjoyed reading everyone's suggestions so much!

 
At August 14, 2011 at 8:03 PM , Anonymous ashley in wonderland said...

ooo now i want to go smell that perfume :)
glad you played along, i've enjoyed reading everyone's suggestions so much!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Curvaceous Chic: Make-up madness

This page has moved to a new address.

Make-up madness