Thursday, June 9, 2011

Awkward and Awesome Thursday


I wish I could say I had a glamourous few days away from blogging, but that would be a lie. The time not at work was spent around home, mostly in sweatpants, except for dressing up last night.

Awesome:
-Regular correspondance from my close friend who is interning in Montreal!
-Doing the PERFECT light smokey eye. 
-New lipstick!
-The PERFECT Eileen Fisher blazer I am buying at work tomorrow!

Awkward (or annoying):
-Moving furniture (annoying). Ugh.
-Getting all dolled up to go out for dinner with a friend, and then finding out she is having a crisis and is unable to make it. Fabulous makeup (see above) and no where to flaunt it....
-The postal strike, which is making snail mail difficult. 
-Buying another maxi dress, and concluding that they just aren't my friends. Maxi dresses seem to always either look like pyjamas on me, or they look like I bought a really cheap and ugly formal dress. I really want them to work, but they just don't. 

Labels:

3 Comments:

At June 11, 2011 at 2:39 PM , Blogger Cee said...

What a shame you haven't been able to find a maxi dress that works, they're my favourite- so comfortable and easy but sophisticated at the same time. Here's hoping you'll find one that works for you :)
xox,
Cee

 
At June 16, 2011 at 6:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, in italy we call something like this a "porco dio". i must say this is a very very PORCO DIO!

 
At August 14, 2011 at 8:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, in italy we call something like this a "porco dio". i must say this is a very very PORCO DIO!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Curvaceous Chic: Awkward and Awesome Thursday

This page has moved to a new address.

Awkward and Awesome Thursday