Thursday, June 16, 2011

Awesome (with very little Awkward) Thursday

Tank- DKNYC
Vest- Louben
Leggings- Hue
Shoes- Browns
Lipstick- MAC Rebel

Awesome:
-Dinner with one of my best friends! Girl talk! Gossip! Amazing Indian food! 

-Going to a used bookstore after previously mentioned dinner and buying several books.


Dostoyevsky's The Brothers Karamazov (both volumes), Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged, Joyce's A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, Thackeray's Vanity Fair, Skibsrud's The Sentamentalists, Steinbeck's East of Eden(I have already read this, but I loved it SOOOO much. I love Steinbeck. <3 [And Allen Ginsberg. I have an unhealthy love for Ginsberg.]), and Hawthorne's The House of the Seven Gables.

-Looking though old pictures from my synchro days and watching old routine videos. Finding this stellar picture of my custom solo suit. It was beautiful. The burgundy fabric was actually sheer, and was layered on top of a skin tone fabric to create the main body of the suit. My coach (who was a design student) then drew the design for the gold onto the suit while I was wearing it to create the perfect lines and shape, after which the lady making my suit then cut out from the fabric and sewed it to the suit. Closest I'll probably ever get to wearing Haute Couture...
 
Awkward:
-Not being able to come up with anything awkward, but still having had a gloomy week overall. I was in such a funk. SO glad to have seen my friend!
-Canada Post strike. SUCKS. I am waiting for a letter from my friend. I WANT IT BADLY!!! 



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Curvaceous Chic: Awesome (with very little Awkward) Thursday

This page has moved to a new address.

Awesome (with very little Awkward) Thursday